Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 20, 2013


MENU FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 20, 2013

I did not do a menu for last week.  I am assuming we ate, but I can’t tell you what.  And frankly, I didn’t give a rodent’s posterior as for the second time since Thanksgiving we were both felled by the flu.  So much for flu shots…. I am not a little bored with this. Both bouts went on for two weeks – at least.  It will be two weeks for me tomorrow and I am far from back to normal.  The one good thing about it was that in one week I took off three pounds.  Hell of a way to diet….

I still am not at all hungry and tire easily so I don’t want long stints at the stove.  So the menu is pretty basic. For some reason Warner still insists on being fed. His wonderful comment the first Sat.  of the bug (when I was feeling like – well, you know) was to inquire what I was preparing as an appetizer…….

And here again, the pictures are what we ate, not what was on the menu.

Sun. AM              Grilled Cheese Sandwiches




Sun. PM               Baked Ham TLG
                             Baked White/Sweet Potatoes  
                             Baked Acorn Squash





Mon. AM             Ham Sandwiches



Mon. PM              Chicken and Sausage Bouillabaisse f/i
                             Peasant Bread, Salad




Tues. AM             Challah French Toast




Tues.PM               Trout Grenoble CFSF
                             Brown Rice Pilaf, Sautéed Green Beans



Weds. AM            Tuna Melts





Weds.  PM           Pork Normandy with Apples f/i
                             Buttered Noodles, Baby Peas




Thurs. AM           Gumbo f/i



Thurs PM             Ham Revisited
                             Baked White/Sweet Potatoes
                             Sautéed Corn




Fri. IS                   Pasta, Ham and Vegetable Gratin FFMW 112




Fri. PM                 Tuscan Beans with Sausages FAIC 415
                             Peasant Bread, Sautéed Kale





Sat. AM               Eggs, Bacon, and Cheese on a Roll




Sat. PM                Mustard Batons f/i
                             Poulet Cocotte Bonne Femme JCI
                             Tossed Salad






Sun. AM              Waffles Curried eggs on toast




Sun. PM               Baked Stuffed Clams f/i
Eden’s Pot Roast with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Red Wine
                             Mashed Potatoes
                             Sautéed Carrots   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, links are checked. Links which in my opinion are worthy will cause blacklisting.