Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 2, 2012


MENU FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 2, 2012

It would appear that Easter is upon us.  The local Stop and Shop has so many Easter lilies in stock that it smells like a funeral parlor …I picked up a leg of lamb, which is traditional for my family.  And we don’t eat a lot of it as it tends to run rather pricey around here.  Left overs should make for a good curry next week.  And I’ll keep it simple as it is just the two of us, and or course, the cat.

I was emailing my beautiful great niece today and was reminded of what Easter used to be.  Of course, the new outfit which included a hat and white gloves.  And my father used to get corsages for my mother and me.  Things have certainly changed.  I own neither a pair of white cloves nor a hat (with or without the veil). And will probably sit down for dinner in a pair of slacks.  My mother would be horrified….


Mon. AM    Pea Soup with Croutons Soup


Mon. PM    Key West Pork Chops CC I Tossed Salad


Tues. AM   Scallion Omelets


Tues PM     Patricia Wells’ Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic BC-PW
                   Buttered Farfalle
                   Salad, Peasant Bread

Weds. AM  Turkey Vegetable Soup f/i



Weds. PM   Beef Stew with Orange and Mushrooms f/i
                   Buttered Noodles, Baby Peas


Thurs. PM  Eric Ripert’s Pan Roasted Salmon with Red Wine Lentil Sauce BCCB-R
                   Peasant Bread, Tossed Salad


Fri. AM      Pea Soup f/i


Fri. PM       Lidia’s Fabulous Sausage in the Skillet With Grapes LCFTH 214
                   Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Tossed Salad


Sat. AM      Keema Over Rice F/i



Sat. PM      Blue Cheese Walnut Dip FW 2011
                   Chicken Mole with Chipotles BAC 118
                   Yellow Rice, Baby Peas

Sun. AM     Pasta Bolognese f/i

Sun. PM     Shrimp in Garlic Sauce Tapas
                   Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary & Thyme
                   Red Wine Pan Sauce
                   Potatoes Savoyard JC I
                   Roasted Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, links are checked. Links which in my opinion are worthy will cause blacklisting.