Friday, September 14, 2012

September 10, 2012


MENU FOR THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 10, 2012

This week the temps have been down some, so we jumped the gun a bit and did a big old pot of gumbo.  Lovely.  Talk about comfort food!

After all my culinary experience, you’d think I’d know enough to just follow the damned recipe. But this afternoon Warner ground chicken thighs for me -  2 pounds for a double recipe.  I looked at it – and so did he – and it just didn’t look  to me enough.  The recipe said one pound of ground chicken  made 40 - ¾” Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – but it didn’t seem possible. So we did up three pounds.  I now have 200 meatballs in the  freezer.  All in all, I used 1 cup for Frank’s hot sauce.  And by the time I had rolled up all 200, my hands looks like those of Lady Macbeth.  And I am here to tell you that stuff doesn’t come off in a flash.






Mon. AM             Pancakes and Chicken Gravy


Mon. PM              Jacques Pepin’s Cod with Black Olives & Horseradish EP 214


Tues. AM             Tuna Salad Sandwich



Tues. PM              Chicken, Shrimp, Ham and Sausage Gumbo GM 1/84
                             Steamed Rice, Peasant Bread





Weds. AM            Tuscan Minnestrone f/i




Weds. PM            Shrimp Lo Mein AP
                             Steamed Rice, Salad





Thurs. AM           Gumbo Revisited



Thurs PM             Beef Stew with Orange and Mushrooms f/i
                             Fresh Spaetzle with Herbs, Sauteed Zucchini

Fri                        Turkey Vegetable Soup f/i

Fri. PM                 Normandy Chicken f/i
                             Orzo, Green Beans

Sat. AM               Grilled Burgers

Sat. PM                Chinese Chicken Wings CCI                
Stufffed Pork Roast f/i
                             Mashed Potatoes
                             Roasted Beets

Sun AM               Eggs on a Raft 
                           bacon
                           Coffee

SunPM                 Garlic Shrimp Tapas
New England Boiled Dinner CCI
Horseradish Sauce CCI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, links are checked. Links which in my opinion are worthy will cause blacklisting.