Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 25, 2012


MENU FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 25, 2012

Tomato update: I now have 68 young tomatoes developing on the deck.  And I said to hell with it and planted a few squash and cucumber plants – everything is on sale now, so I’m not risking a lot.  If tomatoes can grow in pots, then why the hell can’t squash.  Just because it’s never worked before……[we had squash and pumpkins on the roof in Brooklyn, but we stopped gardening up there after the hurricane of 85]

The herbs are flourishing – lots of basil.  The end of the week I’ll trim it all back and do some more pesto for the freezer. It’s always helpful to have that on hand. I don’t think I’ll need to do tomato sauce, however. Still lots of jars in the basement from previous years. I do think I’ll try to put up some oven  dried tomatoes this year – great for those winter soups and braises. [We will need to do vegetable juice however.]


And I’ll say one thing about “farming” on the deck – it’s a hell of a lot less back breaking than planting in the ground….

Mon. AM    Cold Cuts






Mon. PM    Lemon Basil Shrimp with Pasta 
                    and Baby Spinach CL 4/07
                   Tossed Salad





Tues. AM    Cold Cuts

Tues. PM    Oven Fried Chicken Served Cold
                   Potato Salad with Red  Peppers, 
                   Oranges and Black Olives





Weds. PM   Beer Braised Grilled Pork Chops BA 7/86 106
                   Sesame Noodle Salad, Tossed Salad










Thurs. AM  Cold Cuts





Thurs. pm   Thai Marinated London Broil  PT 53
                   Chopped Vegetable Salad with Couscous FCA 48










Fri. AM      Burgers








Fri. PM       Trout Grenoble CFSF 219
                   Lemon Pasta EI
                   Salad





Sat. AM      Cold Cuts





Sat. PM      Gazpacho
                   Grilled Chicken Legs 
                   with Honey Dew Salsa BA 9/98 54
                   Cole Slaw
                   Peasant Bread








Sunday and Monday we will be in Warwick R.I. at a family gathering


Sat Lunch   Siena East Greenwich


Sat Dinner Legal Seafood Warwick R.I.


Sat night NYLO Hotel Warwick R.I.
(Couldn't resist this hotel name, we met at the New York Light Opera company, known in 1980 as NYLO)


Sunday Lunch S&P Oyster Company



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, links are checked. Links which in my opinion are worthy will cause blacklisting.