Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 13, 2012


MENU FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 13, 2012
                   
Why people drink….

  It’s because of automated customer service.  For example, for Christmas I gave my niece a subscription to Diabetic Living as I have for several years.  In January I received an issue.  I checked on line and,  yes, some idiot had rerouted the subscription to me.  I tried to call the phone number for customer service and gave up after no one answered.  Ever...  

So I sent them an email outlining what should be a simple problem to correct.
I received an email back from them saying I had ordered a subscription for myself in addition to the one for my niece but they would cancel mine and credit my credit card.  That did not bode well.  I had only ordered one subscription and I had paid only for one by exact amount by check.

Sure enough comes February and I get an issue of the magazine.  I checked with my niece who tells me she has received nothing from them this year.  So I email these people again and they return with a message that I had better call customer service directly……

Then I get a message from Medco that I need a new prescription for one of my medications and my physician is not responding to their email.  He sent them refills on all of my prescriptions in January and I watched him do it.  I’m guessing they went in” to do” file which is the moral equivalent of the old circular file which means we’ll have to start the entire process again….
That’s why people drink…..   
                                               

Mon. IS               Pasta with Sauce Bolognese f/i


Mon. PM             Chicken and Dumplings Revisited
                             Tossed Salad
                            Rosemount Chardonnay 


Tues. IS               Scotch Broth f/i


Tues. PM             Gratin Sausages, Potatoes and 
                             Sauerkraut with Sage Mustard Sauce
                            Wolf Blass Shiraz 


Weds. AM           NY’s Oyster Bar’s New England 
                             Clam Chowder GCOBCB




Weds. PM            Jacques Pepin’s Braised Meat 
                              Pot Pie FW 2004 (left over beef from Sunday)
                            Wolf Blass Cabernet Shiraz

Thurs. AM          Escarole Soup f/I

Thurs. PM           Kitchen Closed



Fri AM                 New England Clam Chowder


Fri. PM                Pork Marengo Revisited
                             Steamed Rice. Salad
                            Rosemount Chardonnay 


Sat. AM               Jacques Pepin’s Braised Meat 
                              Pot Pie FW 2004 (left over beef from Sunday)



Sat. PM                Sauerbraten
                             Penfold Shiraz


Sun. AM              Waffles, Maple Syrup


Sun. PM              Key West Pork Chops CCI
                             (Pork Chops Browned then Baked over Rice.
                             Each Chop has a  slice of Onion with a smear
                             of chili sauce topped by a slice of lime.
                             Instead of stock for the rice, use V8 or 
                             the moral equivalent laced
                              with a good shot of Tobasco)
                             Penfold Shiraz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, links are checked. Links which in my opinion are worthy will cause blacklisting.